139 Questions to Ask
Your Potential Provider
I have been married to Russ and have two children – Beth - 26 and Steven - 14.
My family is very supportive of me and my family child care business. I have been a state licensed (DCFS) provider since February 3, 1994. I have been accredited through the National Association of Family Child Care since December 2002.
I earned my C.D.A. (Child Development Associate credential) through the Council for Professional Recognition in January 2004. I received my Illinois Quality Counts 3 Star Rating in January 2013. I take great pride in the environment and curriculum that I have put together for the children in my care. Through grants and carefully selected toys and equipment, I have put together a well rounded environment and curriculum ranging from ages 0-12 while encompassing various learning styles and areas of learning for your child. I enjoy watching the children learn and grow as they gain and master new skills everyday. I attend numerous trainings/workshops/conferences during the year to:
* meet the minimum of 15 hours of yearly in-service training that DCFS requires
* meet the 30 hours of yearly in-service training to maintain my NAFCC accreditation
and Illinois Quality Counts 3 Star Rating
* maintain CPR/First-Aid Certification (adult and pediatric)
* keep up to date on current early childhood education practices
* learn and incorporate new teaching practices
* bring in new ideas and activities for the children in my care
I adhere to the regulations by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), the Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) and the standards set forth by the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC). DCFS will do a minimum of one unannounced drop-in visit per year. Bizzy Bee's Family Child Care is an equal opportunity provider.
I do not discriminate on the basis of race, Color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability.